PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 6th Aug 2015, 08:37
muffman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To fold now will make us the laughing stock of the whole industry!
Honestly? I doubt the rest of the industry are really that interested.

We HAVE to vote NO to this disgusting deal, not held to ransom by the powers that be.
No, you have to put emotion aside and make the right decision for your particular circumstances. There is significant money at stake.

The differences between the two proposals are not particularly significant. A few hundred bucks DHA and a several grand for some new hire FOs. Sure you may not like it, but how much longer do you want this to drag on for?

Looks like they found themselves a steady supply of FO's to save 10% on.
Yep. How much is the average pilot paid straight out of uni/flying school? For me, it was nowhere near what these guys will get even on the bull**** 55% deal. Sure, it's ****. But still a very good deal for these pilots who would otherwise be unemployable to the airlines with their inexperience. Worth noting they get a significantly higher amount of free training than the DE applicants once they do join the company.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be inflammatory. Vote for what you think is right. I just don't think everyone getting on the 'no' bandwagon to prove a point is necessarily going to have the desired effect. Make no mistake, the rest of the industry mostly don't care.