PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO Resigns
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2015, 05:27
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunny, are you suggesting that an 'aviation party,' which would only get up in the Senate with micro-party preference deals would have credibility? Representation in the Reps is a pipe-dream. All the micro-parties can do is support the blocking of legislation by a moribund opposition and ill-informed government. The thought of an aviation 'micro-party' introducing a bill and garnishing support, from one or other of the major parties, is out there where the buses don't run. Plus, the general populace doesn't give a damn anyway.

What we need is a minister that has some understanding of aviation - but I can't remember a single one; and I worked pretty close to the 'policy makers' for a long time. IMHO, neither Vaile, Anderson, Truss, nor Albanese had a clue.

All business was done through the 'advisers' that only wanted 'good news' for the minister. Write something contrary to 'not rocking the boat,' no matter how relevant, and one's advice was deep-sixed.

It's not without parallel under the Westminster system to give an independent a portfolio.

Call me crazy if you like, but I'd like to see someone like Xenophon given a shot. At least he has some understanding of 'matters aviation.'

Just my take.