PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What was your route?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 20:42
gerzson6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bvicks
Hi,

I'm interested in knowing people's routes into becoming an airline pilot? Such as did you go to University, if so what did you study. If not what did you do? When did you land your first big job and how?

As i'm currently 18 I don't have much of a story as far. At the moment i'm planning to go to Uni to study geography, get a job and start saving as hard as I can to go down the Modular route.

Any replies would be appreciated
Hi!

I did the modular course, part of it abroad, and part of it in my home country. I had my first job on the B1900, a friend of mine recommended to apply for it, so I did. I was flying the Beech for approximately 8 months, and now i'm flying the a320. Before I got my first job I was working mostly administrative jobs to be able to pay rent and living. By that time my training has already finished, so I was "just" looking for a flying job and renewed my licenses. I started to go university, but I couldn't finish it, because in the meantime I started flying, and it was very difficult to study unfortunately.

I consider myself extremely lucky, I needed to wait only 1 year after I finished my flight training until the first airline job.

Regards,

gerzson