PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 19:13
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeBedie
Yes, some aircraft are spirally unstable. To be honest, I guess reduced aerodynamic stability is more likely with a fly by wire design because the FBW can compensate. But MH370 is widely believed to have had power available for the FBW until fuel exhaustion.

That's my point! The assumption of a constant track is without any evidence at all. Who's to say it didn't do multiple lazy 360's whilst remaining further north and still fitting in with the Inmarsat arcs?
Have you worked out the probability/feasibility of an aircraft randomly doing 'multiple lazy 360's' and managing to fit in precisely with 'the INMARSAT arcs' and Doppler shifts from the Satellite?

That is about the same probability as a meteorite strike on the cockpit.

The aircraft on handoff went dark, turned back and did not attempt to land at the well lit and well known airports on the Malaysian peninsula, but followed the Thai border then out in the Malacca straits turned North avoiding Indonesian and Thai airspace climbing to FL295 then turned left around Banda Aceh out to MEKAR and just beyond the radar horizon of a known military radar turned onto South and maintained a steady flight path for nearly 6 hours as recorded by range and Doppler shifts from INMARSAT. This is not a ghost aircraft it is a controlled aircraft. It is possible that someone entered that new route into the FMC but it was deliberately done not the kind of thing that a pilot would do with hypoxia and 40 seconds of useful consciousness or with a fire in the cockpit.