PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 18:48
oldoberon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaperon announcement

Live conference translator says, boeing confirm it is from a 777 and paperwork fro mayalasian airlines shows it is from that airframe

I have played the newscast a number of times to get this wording as near correct as I can.

however earlier the the phrase "very strong presumption, very strong likeness that the flaperon that has been found on a beach in reunion island should belong to mh370, of malaysian airlines which crashed ....... there are two reasons behind that, the representatives from boeing have confirmed it does belong to a 377(not a typo) and there are technical reasons for that the structure of the links etc and secondly the representatives of the malasian airline company communicated various elements as to the technical documantation for that boeing and particularly flight mH370 and on that basis we were able to carryout a connection between the debris that has been analysed by the experts and the flaperon of that flight and on the basis of specific technical characteristics it is very likely and a strong presumptions which of course have to be confirmed through complimentary analysis which are going to begin tomorrow morning in the technical lsb of the department and I am not at this stage tonight able to tell you the time when the results of these analsis will be available the experts are carrying out the work as soon as possible

Apols for no punctuation,.

I note there is no mention of serial numbers etc, at this stage it looks like they are really confirming what most of us thought was blindingly obvious, seeing as no other 777 has been lost at see anywhere and there has never been any evidence of one losing a flaperon in flight over the IO

Last edited by oldoberon; 5th Aug 2015 at 19:18. Reason: add final para