PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 5th Aug 2015, 14:36
VDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I would pass on my experience as this thread has helped me so much.

Timeline for me: Applied to CAE, 2 weeks later received CV request from CAE, one week later receive confirmation e-mail to state that the CV had been sent off to Ryanair, one week later receive e-mail stating dates of telephone interview, one week later receive phone call and invited out to assessment in three weeks time.

The phone interview: Very simple, I was asked the validity of my license and ratings along with pass rates and base preferences.
The Assessment Day: Held at Simtech in Dublin. The day starts off with a quick brief; the atmosphere is quite relaxed with extremely professional and knowledgeable Ryanair staff happy to answer any queries. You are then paired up with your Sim partner, on the day that I attended we were paired so that candidates with 737 MCC time were paired with those who had not completed their MCC on a 737. You will also receive the plates that you were using for the day, in our case this was East Midlands.

My partner and I were first up in the simulator. I went as PF first and had no emergencies. A simple SID to take off which was changed to radar headings, general handling followed with altitude, heading and speedchanges- make sure you have good spatial orientation throughout the flight as this may be tested. We finished off with a vectored ILS to land.
My sim partner had a similar detail, but was asked to track to an NDB for the alternate procedure onto a ILS/DME app. Whilst we were tracking a QDM into the NDB Number 1 told us of a fire in the cabin. Our total time in the simulator was around 01:15.

The interview was mainly HR based with quite a few questions relating to my CV and Ryanair, the technical was relatively simple and along the subject lines previously mentioned in this thread. I was asked about Take off Segments, V2, Vmca, Swept Wings etc.

I had absolutely no idea how the assessment day went when I had finished, but received a positive message within a week which is fantastic!
To give you a little background I am a modular student from Aeros Flight Training and there seem to be quite a few of us going through this process now which can only be good signs for recruitment.

Good luck to everybody with their assessment process!