PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for Emirates Pilots with Wife and Kids only please
Old 5th Aug 2015, 11:54
Caesar2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK

As prev mails said its tough, I am guessing ur RYR DD? i flew for them too and looking back, they are no angels but for me they were far better than here, just my experience. Long time to Command, no info from any mgmt, they are clueless or are not saying either way its terribly frustrating!

Work, a lot thru the night, far more tiring that earlies or late short haul, yes its tiring too but your own bed every night and 4 days off after every 5, that wont happen here, i have 8-9 off in 31 day mth!!! Also, family life, i miss seeing my kids everyday, missing B days, Xmas, no leave, and as pre have said very expensive, even if kids want to play football, extra cost, nothing is free, music lessons, getting kids extra to overcome language barriers all extra cost and with 3 kids it adds up rapid,

in general I yearn to go back to EU, less culture shock, driving, local attitude, arrogance all horrible, apart from that, nice sun winter only, 6 mth Dantes Inferno!!! apologies for the negative vibe with my post but unfortunately it is my opinion, not shared by all, good luck DD