PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 05:59
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
I go back and forward on whether I like F35 based upon what I read/hear from people with pedigree...
I'm glad I'm not the only one! As a defence journalist I've been following the programme for years, and throughout that time my opinion has swayed back and forth in much the same way. The one thing that does give me hope for the F-35 though, is that whenever I speak to folks that have actually flown the thing, or who have a proper knowledge of its capabilities, they can't stop raving about it. These are guys with thousands of hours on today's types, and yet without fail each and everyone of them that I have ever spoken to says that the F-35 will change the paradigm in ways that we don't yet fully understand.

KenV as pretty much a lone voice on here does a very good job of arguing his corner whilst resorting to much less personal attacking than others......
Absolutely. I don't always agree with what KenV has to say, but he argues his case well and dismissing him as a 'troll' is juvenile in the extreme, although sadly a bit predictable.