PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 19:12
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kapitanleutnant

It's possible there will be a day during the next 90 (or 60 as the case may be) that you start to wonder if you made the best decision leaving EK. There actually are some nice things about being here…. but within minutes after looking at your roster, you'll soon realize, "Yep, I'm totally at peace with my decision".
It's funny that you should say that but in the week or so after I had resigned I had one of those moments but as you said, I soon came to the conclusion that I was making the right decision. I actually enjoy living in Dubai but having said that, my list of pros for leaving was almost twice as long as my list of cons.

What I have found rather comical and perhaps sad in a way, is the reaction I have seen from some colleagues when they have asked about my plans here and I share my plans to leave. It has at times been similar to a prisoner of war sharing his plans to escape with his peers and being met with pats on the back, along with firm exuberant handshakes and beaming smiles from the other person.

Finally to those that have left or are about to leave very shortly, please keep the feedback coming as this thread has turned into an excellent source of information.