PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 13:49
Max Contingency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleepup

It almost doesn't matter any more if CHC win lose or retain any contracts. The previous 11 pages of this thread are pretty clear that CHC is failing to make a profit on its existing contracts (due to debt and leasing costs) and there are no new contracts out there that are going to be that lucrative in this market.

The city has lost all confidence in CHC (now trading at 34c). This is down from $10 last year and gives CHC a market capitalisation of less than the cost of a pair of 225s. If you add in that the entire asset value of CHC is effectively spoken for in preferred debt held by CD&R then I would say the shares are overvalued by about....34c!!!

If the once mighty Humming Bird wants to be around at the end of next year then they must be either refinanced, go through a bankruptcy process, or a debt write off process. Why would any Oil and Gas company risk giving new business to CHC in its present difficulties?

My thoughts are with the guys facing job losses as this is a terrible time to be thrown on the beach. Like many others here I watch the jobs boards and have seen the number of new vacancies fall to almost zero. I guess that any new jobs are going by word of mouth at the moment. My advice would be to run for any government or state funded vacancy you can grab as these should be immune to the oil price fall.