PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 13:25
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JULY Stats.

Personally, I'm delighted with an increase in Terminal pax of just over 6% in one of the busiest, if not the busiest, months of the year. Yes, some airports may disclose > 10% growth, but let's remember that ACL report at the start of summer which showed an increase in seat capacity over the summer of only 1.3% which disappointed some, including me. Remember also that significant reduction in Monarch flights and available seats with 3 less based a/c. which had to be overcome. I wonder whether the higher than expected percentage increase is due primarily to higher load factors, or late additions to schedules since the ACL report, or a combination of both.

Some encouraging snippets from LAX that he's reported. I'd noted that Ryanair were increasing frequency to Barcelona from BHX this winter (as too are MON) so good news if MAN's flights are also increasing.

I must admit that if there were to be an increase in US flights by one of the legacies, I was thinking it would most likely be DL/VS. If United do start a seasonal ORD, it would put us on a par with EDI (they have 2 x EWR and 1 x ORD) with 3 daily summer flights (assuming of course EWR and IAD continue as well).

In terms of airlines and which terminals after the TP, it has been suggested that flybe might be persuaded to switch to T2 to be with their long haul code share partners, thereby creating space in T3 but the latter may not be expanded. That being the case, you couldn't fit all the locos into T3 so I guess the question marks would be over Jet 2 and easyJet, which between them currently have about 24 based a/c in the summer.

Last edited by MANFOD; 4th Aug 2015 at 13:36.