PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Georges chapel - RAF Biggin Hill
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 13:24
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BGAD

Not sure whether to start a new thread or add to this one. It all appeared quite emotive at the time with a lot of support for the Chapel.

Anyway here goes: I received an invitation this morning to register for the Business and General Aviation Exhibition. This year being held at Biggin Hill on 15th September. In keeping with the occasion there will be some Battle of Britain commemorative flying. I don't have the detail. I thought fellow PPRuNe ers may be interested. The event is free to attend. Clearly there are some eligibility criteria and pre registration on line is essential. (You can't just turn up on the day)

Last year the event was held at Cambridge and I supported the RAeS stand which was next to the Biggin Hill "International" Airport stand. Clearly you engage in conversation. It was evident that the folks running the airport majored on the historical significance and heritage of the site. They appeared very supportive of the local Air Cadets. I was extremely pleased to hear they are contributing to the upkeep of the chapel. I hope they have been true to their word. They gave me the impression of being a good bunch of aviation minded people.

The exhibition does not cater for military at all but may be something those living locally may be interested in. Perhaps a meet up of PPRuNers (pink carnation and copy of Aviation Week under left arm) Be good to pay ones respects at the Chapel at least.

Unfortunately I am not available on the day. I gather there may be other BoB events that day.

Drag