PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How bad was this landing?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 12:19
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are asking for a score from 0 to 5 then I give it 5 just because you are asking.

I would rather the question was about the fact that you want to know how to rectify flat or nose wheel landings.

All the professional pilots I know do not do bad landings! OK some might be firmer than others but not bad.
The last BAD landing I did was over 20 years ago and I am pretty norm amongst experienced pilots so that should be your goal regardless of weather winds etc.

SSD above gave some good observations so work on controlling the aircraft when near the ground rather than being a passenger to your landings on a wing and a prayer sort of arrivals
its not about giving a score on how bad it was.

I was right seat to a twin pilot 15 years back in a Seneca which are renowned for the Seneca porpoise if flat or nose wheel landed.
this pilot landed just nose first and the aircraft started bucking down the runway with the bucks intensifying. There is only one way out of that and he failed to do anything about it sitting frozen at the controls.

this results in a broken nose wheel and the aircraft ending up on the props.

i had to take control add power lift the nose till the bucking stopped and we went around.
Fly the aircraft do not become a passenger to it

I know some people here will say that the pilot is low time what do you expect but I would rather be harsh than in a few weeks have you sitting in front of the CFI explaining why the engine is being shock load tested a new prop on the way and the nose has to be repaired

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 4th Aug 2015 at 12:56.