PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cant decide. Property or CTC? - Pilots please help
Old 4th Aug 2015, 11:23
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There is still good money (relatively speaking) to be made in some airlines but now you will be working like a third world quarry donkey for it, and some of the "expat" airlines think that if they pay you they own you too.
Most people nowadays will view you as a "glorified bus driver" and these days in some elements it's true. Professional piloting is a risky investment career wise. A lot of getting the so-called "good" jobs is a matter of right place right time, yes it might be you, but it might not be you. This is true of a lot of vocations of course, but don't forget you've made a £150k investment at the start of it all. The thought of having spent all that cash in return for a job flying turboprops in a regional airline would make me physically ill I'm sure. I was fortunate enough to get into bizjet flying, but again it's very variable job wise in terms of T's & C's.
My advice: Buy the flats (there's some financial security in doing that) and think about something else you'd like to do, if you still fancy flying do a PPL and take it from there. Always remember though, there's a lot more in life than flying aeroplanes. Good luck