PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 04:30
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
For reference, LRC on the A330 is approx. CI40, or CI50 on the A340
LRC is actually much higher as a FM input, you seem to be quoting MRC.

The CI put into the FM is not the airline CI, there is a graph/formula used to convert the airline CI to the airframe CI. The CI value to use in the FM changes based upon airframe, FM, and engines. An airframe CI of around 50 is only an airline CI of around 10, that is MRC, not LRC. Airline CI of 0 represents a FM CI of around 35 +/-5.

Originally Posted by Goeing Boeing
I asked what the practical cruise speed of the A350 is, and I amplified the question to indicate that my thinking was to do with Flight Duty Limits.
Then you got on your soap box and started to sprout how the 787 was so much faster that the A330/A340 because of its "significantly greater" sweep and cruise speeds about aircraft you have obviously little knowledge other than what you hear at the bar. Sure an A330/A340 can fly at 0.81, and many operators do it because it saves fuel. Flying faster just gets that fuel savings taken away with "world best practice" ATC.

Operating a fleet of say 50 A330s, the daily fuel savings between flying around at MRC vs LRC is over 100t.

On their route proving flights, the A350 took off 30 minutes after the LAN A340 out of AKL, and landed 45 minutes before in GRU, on a 5300 nm leg.

Last edited by swh; 4th Aug 2015 at 04:43.