PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA A321 tailstrike.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2015, 20:38
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A RAD ALT on the tail link into the pitch computer and a filter than resists further pilot input.

No aircraft works that way.

No a/c worked that way until AB, F16, FBW, Stealth a/c. They have built in anti-stall pitch limiters; alpha floor etc. Until these a/c 'no a/c worked that way.' Remember the 1st autoland; look no hands? Times move on. Telephones were just that; wires and things. then came cordless phones, then mobile phones and then they had cameras, and then they internet and are in fact hand-held computers. But no phones worked that way.
Now they do! It's called evolution and development. 25 years ago there was no TCAS. No need, we have radar ATC. That didn't work so well. It will happen that there will be automatic RA manoeuvres on a/c. Good grief it is already on motor cars with active cruise control and auto braking functions. To save embarrassment there is not auto parking. Talk about dumbing down of PF skills. You don't need to be able to brake or park. point and shoot and get out at the other end. When my phone can 'beam me up' then I know Star Trek has become real. Every year is closer.