PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2015, 20:21
Propduffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printed in "The Star", a Malaysian daily newspaper
There have been many attempts to obscure the facts surrounding the loss of MH-370. This particle of a story, especially coming out of Malaysia, appears to be just one more attempt to confuse the issue.

While I'm on this subject I'll also respond to Ian W:

Almost certainly the Malaysian authorities know more than has been made publicly available.
The view each individual takes on this subject will depend on whether the individual believes that government's purpose is to serve the people, or that it is the citizen's purpose to serve the government.

As we discuss the MH-370 event and as we try to understand what happened, we have to remember that upon 9MMRO's disappearance our primary source for information, the Malaysian Government, misled a dozen nations for a week and allowed, even encouraged, them to search in the South China Sea for a plane wreckage when they knew full well that the plane had departed the South China Sea and was far away and headed in the other direction when last seen.

It is interesting to note that the search effort provided by the US (USS Kidd and some C-130 flights) were all in the Malacca Strait and the Andaman Sea, not in the SCS. I believe the same applies for any British sources but I'm not sure. It certainly looks like there was someone in the Malaysian military passing along information to the US and British military.

And I will edit to respond to Interflug
Inmarsat data: only a single source.
Even if your premise about two sources were correct, which is merely your own opinion and not fact, the Inmarsat data and the Malaysian reporting of last known position are mutually supporting data. The LNP itself is supported by the fact that it lies approximately 240 miles from the radar antenna on Pulu Penang: exactly where we would expect the horizon to block a conventional radar signal. So we have verifiable data to work from.

Last edited by Propduffer; 3rd Aug 2015 at 20:33.