PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2015, 15:03
NITRO104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that Denmark have an F-16 at Edwards supporting the F-35A Integrated Test Force and the Danish military are represented at the F-35 Joint Programme Office I would suggest that the Danish Defense Officials have a good view on the true capabilities between the two aircraft.
Yes, but how can they leave now many years into the project, even if they wanted to?
I'm not a politician, but I imagine it's not that easy to do a U-turn, after advocating one thing for so long.
Also, Danes were/are contemplating a new tender, but I'm not sure in what phase that project currently is.

The Russian rhetoric is just that and is a diplomatic issue.
I agree and Russian tycoons live too good only to jeopardize that with another war so it's probably just empty chatter, but then again IMO one should prepare for the worst, if he's already determined to keep the defense capability and is paying a big buck for it.

Obviously, I'm not privy to JSF's combat capabilities, so my comments on this particular issue are made on academic level and public data only, but smaller number of slower fighters can't be a good thing vs a supersonic bombers, CMs, TBMs, etc. Remember what plane had the most success in dealing with V1 over UK, 70 years ago and it wasn't particularly sophisticated, but was powerful and fast.