PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair SSTR
Thread: Ryanair SSTR
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2015, 09:14
mateusz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazydogg
I'm a permanent Ryanair FO UK based. I was a cadet 5 years ago and was recruited as a contractor. I asked for a permanent contract over a year ago and got one. Take home pay for me varies between £3600 minimum and £4300 Maximum. At the moment I'm quite busy so I'm netting just shy of £4000. Roster is 5 on 4 off fixed. Annual leave is one calendar month paid and two blocks of 5 days which wrap around the 5-4 to make two blocks of 13. At the moment I'm in the command process and with a bit of luck and providing I put the required work in I will be a 737-800 captain before the year is out. I've never had any major problems over the years and I enjoy doing the job. The summers are quite hard with lots of 4 sector days and the winters have its own challenges with some of the less desirable places that we fly into.

I did consider my options earlier this year and I was offered assessments with Thomson, BA, and Emirates. Lots of my colleagues have left for these three airlines and quite frankly I can't knock them for doing so but for different reasons I decided to stay but I will always keep my options open.

Company expanding from 317 a/c to 520 over the next 10 years so I don't see any redundancies nor have I ever seen any in my time in FR.

Don't get me wrong it's by no means the best job in the world and at times things do frustrate me but it's by no means the worst.
How much did you net as a contractor if i may ask please?