PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2003, 02:48
canadair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"stop kicking their toys out of their crib"

I like it
very descriptive statement on the current situation.

Willie:
points taken re the Canadian job market, but as it was all the guys I know who enquired about the possibility of these guys running a 74, work out of Canada, have for many years, and were just looking at it as a potential to move back, although none really thought it was a valid opportunity anyway.
I, like many have worked away from Canada for years, and while I completely agree that there is no chance of matching the dollars we make abroad, money is not everything. Canada is still my home, or at least where I am from, and in an ideal world where I would choose to work and live,... reality dictates otherwise.
So, while one would definately take a large pay cut to go to say Westjet, at least you are living in Canadian dollars as well, which is much cheaper than Europe, so all is semi relative.
I watch the CDN job market from over here, so no direct contact, but from what I can see, it is pretty screwed up these days, Westjet seems the only possible consideration, but as the AC situation plays out, all else looks to get worse.
I can say though, that there are many many Canadians who would gladly take that pay cut, and come back if they had something to go to.
So to get back to the original point, I would say that the "bitter ones" are not those of us currently flying abroad, ( which, agreed you did not imply) a group which includes, Ward Air, Canadian, NationAir, C3, lots are 74 current and keen to get back, so honestly if they say they could not get typed guys, they either don`t read their email, ignore their email, or just like spending money.