PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cant decide. Property or CTC? - Pilots please help
Old 3rd Aug 2015, 01:58
John778

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant decide. Property or CTC? - Pilots please help

Hi,

I am new here, I am from the UK and I will keep this simple.

I have been accepted onto the CTC Integrated whitetail course. Finance is not a problem for me and I do not need a loan , my parents can just about cover the course fees and probably a type rating only just.

I have 2 options at the moment I either accept the CTC course and become a pilot or my second option is that I go into property and I buy 2 small flats to rent them out and focus on a different career for myself whilst I rent out property.

The reason I am confused is because obviously I have done my research into the airline industry and I have found some things that the flight schools do not tell you. I am fully aware they are a business and they want to sell it to you.

1. I have only recently learned about type rating bonds.

2. There is a lot of growth in aviation especially in the middle east and China. My question here is Qatar and fly Dubai for example still fly into Erbil in Iraq, which is very worrying for staff from Europe and the US, how does this work, do western staff have the right not to fly to a dangerous place? the foreign travel advice UK advises against all travel to Iraq.

3. My main preference is to work in the UK , but I have no idea what job I will get at the end, as I will end up in the placement pool with CTC. I know that half of their partner airlines is UK based , some middle eastern and some Chinese. I can not get on the BA scheme because I don't meet the academic requirements and its the same for virgin.

I just hope some of you can help me on this, and if possible tell me more about the industry that I may have missed. Thank you.

Last edited by John778; 3rd Aug 2015 at 18:36.