PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOPA
Thread: BOPA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2015, 23:50
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunny,
So true, trying, very trying.

Seriously, I am sure both organizations think they are going about things "the right way", but the facts are clear.

There has been no serious change in over regulation since the AOPA achievements between 1996 and 2000, and a number of the achievements of that era ( Part 21 and the PIFR are standouts) have been effectively reversed , without any serious effort to stop them.

Many vital things have been lost, the "CAR 35 Engineer" is one, the CASA substitute is expensive, inflexible and Oh! So bureaucratic. The "GP" of aircraft engineering is gone.

The SAAA trying to wind back some of the freedoms of the 1998 Experimental Amateur Built category is a betrayal of members.

I didn't note any serious comment about Part 61, and the debacle it has caused, along the way from either, or from other sections of the aviation community, for that matter.

Part 91 is the next debacle off the rank, with Part 135, the latter in particular will do dreadful damage to GA.

I have seen no evidence that either is much interested, or, for that matter, even understand the problem.

Tootle pip!!