PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 2nd Aug 2015, 11:14
TheEconomist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in complete aggreance with DiVosh and I work for Sunstate. Everything DiVosh has said makes perfect sense, it's unfortunate some of my peers don't see it that way. I am completely dissatisfied with the Sunstate negotiating team. At the roadshow I asked two questions, both of which the negotiating team did not have an answer. Why? Because it is obvious they don't fully understand what is in the document that they have negotiated.

I'm also interested to know why is it that the deputy chief pilot was at the roadshow meeting? Is this normal at such a meeting?

I'll sum up for the Eastern folk why it is that the unbelievable happens and such a large majority continue voting yes.
I think there are 35% that were always going to vote yes.
Then there are 15% that are going to vote no.
That leaves 50% who are "swinging" voters. The reps understand this so they set up the roadshow like a really well run political campaign, whereby there is only positivity in the room. They sell it like its the best thing since sliced bread. They tell us to only listen to the facts. Its all in the delivery and it's done very well. If you ask a question your are shot down and your question is dismissed with very little discussion. To make the meeting go more smoothly and to keep the positive vibes going, the deputy chief pilot has a presence at the back of the room, just to make sure that there are no "outlandish" remarks or negative questions.

So through that process they jag about another 40% into a yes vote, and low and behold you have an EBA voted up.

To the guys that voted it up to take the money and run, you are a disgrace, but it's no surprise to me. It's apparent that Sunstate pilots in general have very little idea when it comes to industrial relations. (Or life in general for that matter).