PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happen in the Emirates Pilot interview Process
Old 2nd Aug 2015, 03:08
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB80s,

You have asked a reasonable question, but I cannot give you an answer because I didn't do your assessment. You appear to have a great deal of experience, but for all positives, you haven't listed any negatives. I'm sure that recruiting saw something that balanced 'your description' of yourself. I'd suggest that if you need an 'appropriate amount of study/training' the company may not be able to immediately employ you as a DEC, but you may have the necessary skills as a good FO.

Similarly, if you read efq's posts on the other thread, it is clear to me that his issue occurred within the simulator and he was told as such on the end of day 3. Whether he realised that element of his performance was where his issue arose I'm not sure.

Ansett is correct that the recruitment model and minimums are changing and now require 25-30 yo guys and gals to have the ability to self analyse their performance deficiencies, however some people do not have the maturity or the depth of experience to do that, and hence they are deemed unsuccessful during the process. It doesn't make them bad people or bad pilots, just not currently suited to the EK mould.

Your honest answer.

The G.

Last edited by The Guru; 2nd Aug 2015 at 08:37.