PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG takeover of EI aborted!
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2015, 20:34
racedo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Algol
Actually it was EI-BUD who inferred it was sabotage, not me! Ask him to clarify the 'pressure' word. Was it good or bad pressure? The EI board had its stated opinions also. Hence the Court actions they took.

This article here says FR was camping on the EI register. And using appeals to delay being kicked out. Apparently 9 or 10 judges agreed with that view.
Ryanair forced to sell Aer Lingus stake under Court of Appeal ruling - Telegraph
Telegraph can say what it likes, ultimately EU competition is decided by EU courts not UK ones.
UK Govt never see monoplistic positions when UK listed company involved, classic case of BAA aptly illustrates this.

No indeed, he went down fighting.
But you make me curious Recedo. Why is he selling if he thinks he can win his latest appeal?
He's apparently continuing that. To what possible end? Just to prove a point?
Like I said - I think you're writing your hero off too soon! Maybe he'll scupper the whole deal if that appeal goes his way. Don't you have any faith in it succeeding?
Do you actually know anything about this appeal or are you just smoke screening.

You keep using "He" when Ryanair was the bidding company.

IAG now own 64% of EI so the takeover has already been done and dusted yet you are coming on here making a clear false claim that the takeover is off.

Not after legal costs. So they say. Indeed they do say.

Right.
But he lost this one.
Or maybe not, eh?

So watching the news is stalking? Paranoid much?

In hindsight, maybe he should have quit 8 years ago. But who knows, eh!
You seem to believe watching the news is it.

Guess we saw that in the FALSE headline.