PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace 2015 coming to an airport near you...
Old 1st Aug 2015, 15:41
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awqward,
But--- the our local experts ( think Captain Bloggs) despite their nil experience in the area, will tell you E doesn't work -yadda yadda yadda --- you are certainly right about the "cultural" aspect, in Australian aviation the "Can't do" culture is not confined to Can'tberra.

As you have found out the hard way, first come, first served doesn't hack it here. We do not even have (legally) public use airports, there are plenty of examples of where particular types or sizes of aircraft are excluded from what, on the surface, appear to be public airports.

VFR is assumed to be Blundering Bug Smashers, Weekend Warriors, and generally the ill/un-trained, the blind, deaf and generally incompetent, even if the VFR PIC has 20-30,000 hours in somewhat larger aircraft. After all, if they were real pilots, they would be IFR. I just love hearing Oh! so forceful regional F/Os presuming to tell me where and how to fly my VFR aeroplane, automatically assuming, being VFR, that I am a pratt or a dunce, and probably both, and undoubtedly a threat to air safety --- and their schedules, because "they are RPT, they have priority", which they do not!

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 1st Aug 2015 at 15:52.