PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Free Win 10 upgrade?'
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2015, 14:13
G0ULI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KBPsen

Apologies for the dramatic licence, but how many people mess about with the settings once the computer is up and running?

Windows 10 is not dissimilar to the Apple operating systems in its requirements for personal data to enable all the features. People seem happy enough with their personal details and browsing habits being monitored by Apple,
Google, Facebook, etc., so why not Microsoft?

What does give rise to some concern is that around 90% of all the computers in the world are running Microsoft Windows in some form. The collected data will potentially put Microsoft in an unassailable position of power and influence in determining what can be done on your computer, what search results are returned, what websites you access, whether any of your stored documents are "suspicious", who you communicate with, etc., etc. How Microsoft uses this data and whether it is shared with any government agencies now or in the future is what I find worrying.

Of course I have nothing to hide except my banking records, health records, personal contacts, business contacts, commercially sensitive product development information and future business plans...