PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing single seat chopper and pilot, NW of W.A.
Old 1st Aug 2015, 13:12
blakmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TET

Thanks for the PM.

Now I am worried because I am 68 and I avoid exercise because I am allergic to it. (It brings me out in a sweat and I am very short of breath every time I try.)

Now I have heard from my contacts that one blade was found well away from the impact site. Does anyone have confirmation of that? If so, can anyone explain how a heart attack would cause a blade separation?

This really gets back to TETs comment that ATSB does not care if it is a light/home-built/experimental aircraft. They only investigate significant events where a commercial rating applies and there are significant casualties.

What about if the causes of an "insignificant" crash in which some poor bastard dies actually may have relevance to a more significant event but in the mean time they have not developed the investigative skills based on the "insignificant" crashes to actually draw the correct conclusions? I refer you to page 8 of this paper, where three examples are resented of official investigations in which the official conclusions in relation to structural failures associated with adhesive bonds may be open to question:

http://www.adhesionassociates.com/pa...0Explained.pdf

These are AUS/NZ examples but I suggest that the level of understanding of adhesive bond failure forensics world-wide in many recognised crash investigation authorities is significantly deficient.

Regards

Blakmax