PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expanded Drug and Alcohol Testing
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2015, 12:40
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that there is a lot to be naturally depressed about here in the pit. Hot (make that scorching), rising prices (fuel +24% today alone) and VAT inbound shortly, toll roads, requiring a Visa to be "welcomed home" by Etisalat. Deteriorating Terms and Conditions of the job, oh there are no terms and conditions, because no sooner do you read the email about their contract adjustment that another one has dropped into your inbox changing the changes that were changed after the previous changes were changed.

Forced house moves to labour camps, increasing workloads above the maximum hours and when at the maximum be rostered to rest while doing sim support. The list can go on but I am going to just go outside and take a cool evening stroll in the land of beautiful country side and nature to try distress from it all for a bit.

Regarding self medication, if there are any pilots who were taking anything that was not previously "screened" then this policy has just forced them to stop taking their medicine as the fear of going to the docs is prob just too great! Nice move, that just made things a whole lot safer.

@ SOPS, I gave you a brief sideswipe early on about hanging around here but I will have to about turn and say that your posts are welcome and still informed. To me I would guess you are here out of interest of the happenings from which you escaped and to confirm justification that you did the right thing, which no doubt you have. Keep posting.

J