PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace 2015 coming to an airport near you...
Old 1st Aug 2015, 10:45
awqward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly my Mooney IFR in Europe all the time....and in rented aircraft in the USA....France especially is similar to the US with Class E....it all works fine with Nice Approach.... I fly into Cannes often and am mixing it in Class D and E with all types of traffic...airlines, bizjets, helis, VFR fixed wing....same with flying in the LA basin, or Houston or Tampa...

What stunned me last time I flew in Perth was that VFR was not allowed in Perth Class C airspace (which is bigger than some European countries!)...except some tourist sightseeing routes....unbelievable....I'm sometimes embarrassed at the ridiculous restrictions to flying in Australia....although the U.S. has a great system, they also have an American can-do culture to go with it....it seems you cannot transplant US airspace into Australia without transplanting American culture...not going to happen....Aussies love regulation....look at the AIP...unbelievably all regulations start with an explanation of penalties and strict liability....only Australians would think that is OK...years ago I went to a talk in Perth by John and Martha King describing the U.S. NAS....they were equally baffled by the negative sentiment in the room... Plus ca change...