PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2015, 10:19
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delays

Yes it has all started gain this morning at BHX but no cancellations as yet. Three hour inbound delay on EDI, two hour outbound but it seems that they might have taken the Inverness aircraft which now has a 150 minute delay, Biarittz just under one hour and Dusseldorf two hours.

Out of the seven Dash 8's not flying in the morning one did do a few sectors in the afternoon the other six did not move. However another couple seem to have taken the afternoon off. Two of the seven are flying today but joined by another one leaving six not flying.

I am sure flybe did a great job in terrible circumstances yesterday but it is not an isolated issue, as Thursday also saw cancellations and delays and the "best" one was the four hour delay on BHX - Newquay which was eventually operated by an aircraft returning from a training detail which started around the same time the flight was due out. Cancelling training details must be expensive compared to paying compensation to the passengers.

Again I am sure a sound commercial decision was made but it just looks bad although I doubt the passengers were aware. Also it was unfortunate it was the same plane that was on the training detail and it matched the delay. Departed BHX 11.33 arrived back at around four and out to Newquay at 16.30 - Credit FR24 and flybe website.

Are management happy with this happening so often or is the deal with Bombardier that good?

Pete