PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services...south Africa
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 23:16
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant let Guns butt in here all by himself. besides he said there may, in the Future, going to be a Guns Junior as a Pilot........What is the world coming too.
Sounds like some unhappy folks at a Pilot Mill. Certainly two sides that will never agree. Sitting back I have seen a lot of folks who want to go from zero to ATP in a long weekend. It wont happen anytime soon. This guy is a zero timer and did 36 hours in 15 days. Thats a lot of time...In my non instructor mind a bit too much for one to really get any benefit other than Logged time. But his goal was to get this done ASAP.
I certainly think if he had taken a breather for a day or so and talked it over he would have walked out the door with a License instead of pissed off.
Accomodations?? Do you expect the Ritz?? Wait till one gets a job. Hell in Alaska I lived in a sod roofed hut for a while and that was WITH a license.
Im betting its a school atmosphere with a bunch of folks from different lifestyles....Not too distant from the Military where your all thrown in one basket and the ones who can handle it come out the other end as Pilots....
Total Immersion is sometimes the best way. You just have to go with the flow a bit more. Anyone can learn how to fly, I just prefer to fly with those who can deal with the stress.....
My Two Cents.