PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO Resigns
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2015, 05:21
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I stand by what I said. If you don't like it, too bad.

The facts of the matter is that Stalb went after one term. This is unusual. The usual reason for this is as I said "a difference of opinion" between the Board (led by its Chairman) and the CEO.

For Houston to speak publicly as chairman about the use of fire fighters for Unicom is, under any rules of corporate governance I am aware of, is just bizarre.

To put that another way, Chairmen don't express opinions about operational matters, that is the CEO's job.

To put that yet another way; Houston if reported correctly, took the CEO's authority as his own, unless he was speaking with her permission and at her request. That if true, is enough for any CEO to resign.

As for the "great and good" I am sure Houston is a wonderful guy, highly intelligent, hard working, gifted, a great leader of men, bon vivant, raconteur, etc. etc.

However that does NOT mean he is the perfect Chairman for anything, nor does it preclude the possibility that he dislikes Stalb or anyone else for that matter. Nor does it preclude the possibility that he intends to run air services the way he decides. That was my point.

I was part of the team that removed Don Dunstan from his position with the Victorian Tourism Authority in 1986 precisely because that was exactly what he did - attempted to run it himself. I have also crossed swords with Two "great and good" who as I have said are less than perfect gentlemen if the truth were known. I am thus sorrier and wiser for the experience - my motto now is trust, but verify.