PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO Resigns
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2015, 23:08
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Well Sunfish, if you were setting out to get a rise out of people you've succeeded. You'll obviously write whatever you like, but your opinions dressed up as fact and intimations of insider knowledge about the workings of high level appointments come across as simple **** stirring.

As I said in my original post: "A difference of opinion" - the Chairman does NOT intervene in the business and this is exactly what Houston appears to have done.
'Appears to have done' ... you must be fit, all this jumping to conclusions.

As for taking a Knighthood, that makes Houston unwise.
In your opinion.

"Sir" Angus. Says it all, really. The best Angus i know are the few I feed occasionally.
Offensive and petty. I bet you wouldn't say it to his face.

To put that another way: I don't care what went on in the Mess. Not that I am a perfect example in that regard.
Irrelevant - are you trying to say Angus misbehaved in private life, or that playing up in the Mess is a mark of unsuitability for roles of responsibility, or just have a shot at the military in general?

An obviously non empathetic person
Far from it, if you know him.
since he isn't in tune with 99% of the Australian population
As previously noted, your opinion only.

This sets of the "narcissist alarm bell" in my head.
Pity it didn't set off the "rhetoric" alarm bell

However when someone here tries to elevate a personage to sainthood, I say beware.
No-one's trying to do that, you're trying to drag him down for some reason though.

I have personally known Two "great leaders" - household names,, both AO's, who have done great things for the community - but in private life are vicious, petty arseholes. There are many others you can read about from time to time if you know what to look for.
Why would you write this unless trying to smear Angus by association?

QUOTE]I have learned the hard way not to trust such imagery.
[/QUOTE] Good on you champ; we all have too, so please cut the patronising tone.

To put that another way, just because Angus Houston is a great military leader, why does that make him fit to be Chairman of Airservices?
It doesn't, directly, but many of the qualities he has demonstrated in both public office and previous roles can and do stand him in good stead for such a job.

Stick to facts and relevant observation and you'll be listened to.