PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG takeover of EI aborted!
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2015, 22:02
racedo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Algol
Before the EI IPO Micko was asked if he'd like to buy EI. He said 'I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole'.
A statement required of him as saying anything else would be deemed by Stock Exchange as interfering in an IPO.

The morning after the launch - to the shock and horror of the IG and EI- he announced the start of his takeover bid. Within months he owned 29% of the company, and he wasted enormous amounts of money and effort over the next 9 years trying to get control of it.
He wasted bugger all money as he didn't make a bid, the company he works for made a bid and are pretty much recovering all their money.

So now he says he's selling. Peaceably like.
Hmmm.

Then he decides to 'delay' his commitment to the sale, right on the last day of an arbitrary deadline set by the guy who screwed him out of winning the biggest project he invested himself in for the last 9 years.

I've observed MOL for well more than a decade, and one thing I've learned is - he's a slippery bugger, and he'll always throw a left fielder when you aren't expecting it.

So I wouldn't be so dang certain this game is over yet.
You clearly are out of your depth.

Firstly IAG got more than 50.00000001% acceptances and accordingly are in control of Aer Lingus.

Secondly the timing is done to suit Ryanair as believe it or not Michael O'Leary and the Board of Ryanair are responsible to the shareholders of Ryanair not anybody else. They act in Ryanairs interests solely.

Thirdly Ryanairs legal acceptance of the offer has no bearing on anybody but themselves as there is no trade in Aer Lingus shares.