PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 31st Jul 2015, 13:47
White Wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I was told about this discussion from a colleague, it's quite a sad read.

I'd like to say I can't believe it but unfortunately it's not surprising. The only thing more disappointing than a company conquering a Pilot group, and watching the pay, conditions and lifestyle being degraded, is a 'Union' that promotes it.

Take a long term approach and work to improve the EBA, don't strip it out to cash up for the next three years. You get the guys like Denzeldude and Shed Dog who take advantage of poor negotiating and if you give them that chance then they will take it. And a B-Scale. Setting up a B-Scale is the beginning of the end. You will never get it back and it will expedite the decline of the Qlink work conditions. Unbelievable.

The heart of this failure is a union that no one trusts or likes, crippling a Pilot's right to choose a union with the blackmail of insurance. IMHO you need to get the noose off from around your necks and start thinking of the future. You may, potentially, remotely possibly, need the insurance at some point in your life but you'll definitely need a sustainable industry for all of your careers.

I used to be an AFAP member. I'm free now. Join whatever union you like but you should do it by choice, not to get insurance. It might give you the unity you need to start heading in the right direction