PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing single seat chopper and pilot, NW of W.A.
Old 31st Jul 2015, 12:26
blakmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say what?

Two things interest me from the recent discussions. First from TET:
From what is reported the ATSB will be investigating which is good as a few years back they weren't even interested in anything rotary much less than 5700 kg.
Are you really saying that the ATSB could not give a flying-fox's fart for the causes of crashes that take the lives of pilots of smaller helicopters? That is either unbelievable or unforgivable!

Next the comment from Flying Pan:
I'm flying an R44 at the mo with 'experimental' stickers
. Is it true that a simple sticker can over-ride the regulatory requirements for an otherwise commercially certifiable R44 provided it is not used as a commercial aircraft? For my education, what constitutes "commercial"? Does it mean that the aircraft can't be used to carry any fare-paying passengers other that the pilot? So, if the aircraft can be used without fare-paying customers, can it still be used by the pilot alone, such as in a mustering operation? If so, what are the exemptions granted by the "experimental" tag? Could for example the owner ignore Airworthiness Directives for R44s in relation to blade replacement applied in a commercial license condition just because it is "experimental" and operated in a mustering environment?

Bemused

Blakmax