PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2015, 11:32
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet

I see another trying morning.

I could not help noticing the cancellations (ten noted network wide) and delays at BHX this morning and it is only just midday.

15% of the Dash fleet not flying this morning and in peak summer months this seems a little bit poor. Also 3 jets noted as on the ground and a 4th only flew for the first time at 11.52 - two 195's and two 175's (one 175 just got airborne on its first flight of the day).

I assume tech issues rather than crewing or weather related?

Although not a 100% reliable FR24 had 7 Q400's having not flown up until midday - one since 27 July (EXT), another 29 July (BHX), another 24 July (GCI), the others since early yesterday (MAN, BHD, SOU & BHX). I make that 15% of the fleet.

The two 195's not flying seem to show one at Manchester since 25/7 and BHX since 29/07 and the 175 at BHX since last night.

Therefore at one point today 17% of the fleet was not operating although with only ten cancellations and a few delays I presume not all 10 grounded aircraft were due to be flying.

NB. This is not counting two Q400's that started to fly late morning and the one in the paint shop.

I noticed that the cancellations were not so bad yesterday but I assume no desire for aircraft substitutions? (some have been available at times).

Update: One 195 and the other 175 which was not in service have been used from BHX this afternoon but still one more cancellation showing this evening.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 31st Jul 2015 at 16:17. Reason: added info