PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WINSTUN Fan Club anyone?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 20:54
Soulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Satirical Humour

As a relatively new member to PPRuNe, I had not yet had the honour of meeting (to a degree), the illustrious Winstun. The first two pages of this forum depicted a god-like figure who was often adored and supplicated. This praise soon turned to penitance, as 'Winnie' was left to defend himself from a flurry of perverse opinions.

I recall users claiming they logged on to PPRuNe with the main intention of reviewing Winnie's 'words of wisdom' (call them what you like, it's just a metaphor.), but if one thing has struck me, it is the humour of Winnie - face it, he/she/it/inhabitant of wherever/native of somewhere is hillarious.

"Considering my fighting style and capabilities, yes, I do expect this might often result in accidental termination."
Obviously making a judgement between political correctness and a personal opinion ultimately determines the manner in which you depict Winnie, but for those of us who see the 'lighter side of things', keep it up Winnie - your bringin' many a smile to an aviator's dial.

Cheers,

Souls.

P.S > On an even 'lighter note' - Winnie is like Guido Hatzis with a political background!
Any Aussies agree?