PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2015, 02:36
The Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not implying that single are more stable. I was simply stating, that if Jet2 had a preference, it would be for 30 somethings, single and no hidden agendas, i.e. huge debt or possible .gambling habit They cannot state this in their adverts, equal opportunities etc. However, its unlikely they will recruit anyone simply to be politically correct. By using a comprehensive selection process, they can legally whittle out the undesirables, i.e. wrong race, age, or even body mass. They of course are not unique in allegedly using a selection "process" allowing circumvention of so called equal opportunities for all.

Singles are preferred by LoCos as they have less responsibilities and therefore can tolerate the ups and downs of the seasonal business that is say Jet2. I don't remember getting a discount during the winter from my private school, nor any mortgage reduction. The salaries are simply too low for todays pilots to enjoy the lifestyles and securities offered 20-30 years ago. When I was a kid, Pilots were always thought of as dashing types in their E Types, with their Surrey detached mansions.

The reality of the modern day Jet2 pilot, apparently, is a 10 year old Daihatsu, driving to going to the local OFSTED criticised school, with a rusting Aldi shopping trolly in their front law. Oh what aspirations some have lol.