PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2015, 19:21
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, you may not.
Oh my!!

What you 'may' do, is provide the data corroborating LM/Flynn's claims,
May I gently point out that the article that was cited did exactly that.

Considering test results from March '15, how do you figure the F35 is going to measure up vs Typhoon?
How do I figure? Well, I started by reading the entire article that was cited. May I suggest you read what Flynn actually claimed and not what you assume he claimed? Except for it's gun Typhoon carries all its weapons externally. Combat configured for an air-to-air missile fight where F-35 carries its missiles internally, F-35 is equal or better. Transonic acceleration is equal or better. Sustained and instantaneous turn rate is equal. Max load factor is equal. Overlays of Energy Maneuverability (E-M diagrams) show F-35 equal or better. And F-35 has a 50 degree AOA limit while Typhoon's is 25 degrees.

Now on the subject of the "March '15 test results" you asked about, may I point out that those tests had NOTHING to do with close-in dog fight performance and used airframes that included no air-to-air weaponry (beyond the gun) on either aircraft.

Now using your wording, "how do you figure" Flynn "lied". To be courteous and to remain "professional", I shan't address your "clown" remark.