PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2015, 15:55
NITRO104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KenV
2. "Kinematic performance better than or equal to Typhoon or F-18" is not the same thing as calling the F-35 an air superiority fighter.
At this point, I believe nobody really cares.
Why is this discussion permanently sidetracked into 'but the F-35 is the better in air-to-air', when we're examining one particular aspect where LM was outright deceitful about, in spite the fact it was obvious they were 'wrong'.
I may get corrected by people flying both planes, but I doubt even an empty F35 can fly what Makepiece flew loaded a couple of years ago on RIAT, so there's really no room for rhetoric here.

Indeed, I see Flynn's claims being made to COUNTER the oft repeated accusations that the F-35's kinematic performance is "abysmal".
Yes well, you don't negate accusations with lies if you're responsible person/company and that is a very serious thing if your company produces what is to be the backbone of your defense structure for the next 50 years.
Wouldn't you agree, or you're more of a Machiavellian type of guy?
IMO, this is a very important question, since customers are left upon the 'good will' of a single company, that has a next to carta-blanco contract, which would be in some other time and place called a communism.
On the other hand, our forefathers knew better than 'trust' each other and thus invented contracts and courts, which specify provided services and protect both sides.

Again, if you're building a fighter aircraft without specified flight performance it's a...well, I've never seen one.
If you're building a STRIKE fighter without specifying flight performance...that may go, but then you don't go around talking rubbish about how fast and maneuverable your new plane is, when...it isn't.
This is then the base block that shows you know what you're doing and that you're not hiring clowns in your PR dpt. since you're not running a circus, but what is to be a serious defense company.

Or, I may be from some other time when people actually died in war, unlike today when you just press 'Reload' button when your unit gets wiped out by the enemy and start over?
Who knows...