PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 30th Jul 2015, 14:07
LostinT2DXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes cccc, our one step above EK is that we choose with reliability where our 42 days of pay cut are placed in the calendar! Why is annual leave a pay cut? Seriously, vacation is a pay cut? At flydubai it's a pay cut because so much of your monthly salary is based on flight pay. No flight pay while on forced leave. If it's a benefit, it shouldn't be counted against your minimum days off or hurt your salary. And yes, those 8 days off minimum are reduced by 2 for every week of vacation! Come on down, you'll love Dubai's new gas prices, 5% DEWA housing fee, and my personal favorite......SALIK!

Pilots are leaving, period. Yes, some are staying because they cannot return to their home country for any miscellaneous reason and don't want to do EK or QR long haul. However those that have options are exploring them with a little more urgency these days. BTW, if you think you can escape FZ after a few years to EY or QR guess again. Permanent ban on going to those carriers. Even to get hired at EK is a bit of a trick after min 3 years at flydubai. It wouldn't surprise me if a permanent ban was put in place to include EK. Anyway, just be aware. Everyone that's accepted a job at flydubai has either been out of a job at some point or escaped from some place much worse. Just don't say you weren't warned because if you come on a flight with me I have strict policy of "quit your b!tching" because we are all living in the same pool of sewage trying to keep our heads away from the floaters.