PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Commisioner suggesting troops should be In Calais
Old 30th Jul 2015, 09:24
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't think the extra police being sent to Calais are the French equivalent of the local plod They are more likely to be the CRS who are usually regarded as Europe's toughest riot police.
And as for the control of our own borders arguments its nothing to do with the EU it is because we have lost control of our own country internally that the problem exists in the first place. Remember that for now the border is in France and while we have a problem with people attempting to get to the UK the same people are IN France already.

My personal view is that we should agree with the French that every migrant caught damaging property /trespassing /threatening etc in the Calais area should be fingerprint and DNA taken and checked and then told that they will be denied access to UK since they are criminals or criminal suspects . Of course we will have to share the costs of that and the consequences with France since they won't want them there either but working together we could, even with these numbers, return them to either their first port of call in EU or better direct to their own country.

Its hard and a bit cruel because these people are doing what most of us would do in the same circumstances but all the while we are closing old peoples homes and pricing our own children out of the property market we have to say sorry UK is full unless you are EU citizen.

Sadly i think none of this will happen as it suits government to have a large surplus of workforce over jobs and a ready made 'hate' subject to distract people from other issues here at home like selling the NHS to American healthcare companies piece by piece.