PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meaningless management drivel
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2015, 07:42
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never understood the need for "mission statements" and "visions" in Defence either. Too many people spend too long worrying about rubbish like this rather than just getting on and delivering the desired end result. No-one really cares; most just want to get on with the job. Now we have another new era with mandates and SROs all as a result of the latest in trend - MSP.
Totally. I couldn't stand seeing all these superfluous new initiatives water down the core product (hmm, I think I just stepped on my own mine there), attracting funding and manpower while I saw aircraft sat on the ground, devoid of spares, engineers or pilots - but the 'LGBT Committee'* was in a shiny new office with a Sqn Ldr, 2 Flt Lts and 3 airmen. I used to compare it to a housemartins' nest, where additional levels of sh1t just kept getting added to the model in a random way, up until the core is hollow and it eventually falls off the wall. (I'm happy for any passing air ranks to brand that if it refocuses things )

*That's a throwaway fictional example...I think??