PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie fire contracts
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 19:07
EZY AIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if we get another season like the last one 2002-2003, we will all be back to work in what ever they can get there hands on, im sure the fire departments RFS-DPI-NP- and so on would love big mobs of med-heavy choppers on bucketing work and bell206's and so on doing air attack and alike but here in ozz we dont have anought large chopper's to do the work even with all the imports over summer we will be a long way short, if B206's and alike are not doing bucket like we did in NSW we will be sitting back watching roam burn and playing with our fiddle's, also where do pilots get experiance on bucketing work if they dont get it in these smaller choppers, most of if not all the Australian pilots flying larger helicopters did their time bucketing with smaller choppers, i have heard that the Victorian contracts will just be rolled over this year, and thay have for a long time only bucket with med-large choppers, big shame as whos getting the practise who is the up and comming pilots, not victorians i can tell you if you come from over sea's you stand a good chance of getting work this year, if you can fly big!
PS wait and see if the fixed wing bommers get work. i have heard that thay are being droped after the last one went in near Ovens