PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 30th Jul 2015, 01:36
LongLats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I voted yes, and just like Shed Dog I'm outa here, but first I'm going to grab this cash. I'm just glad I'll be able to take advantage of this deal before I go.

That's why I voted yes, not because it was a good deal, that's for sure. Only an idiot would think this is a good deal overall. It may be good to line a few pockets (like mine), but it certainly wasn't the best deal we could have got. These negotiators some of you love so much did virtually nothing for you except come to a quick agreement. That is obviously good for me and Shed Dog, but for any of you suckers that are hanging around in this outfit, you fell for the smoke and mirrors I saw in the road show. And pilots are thought of as intelligent.

And to see some post on here their happiness to a 75% yes vote on an agreement that is laughable, is actually laughable (yet pitiful and pathetic at the same time).

Unlike many of you, I took the time to go on the AFAP site and read the EAA updates and the explanations of the differences, not because I was going to be affected by this EBA (thanks for the cash guys), but because I just wanted to know what the 'vocal minority' were on about. After seeing the differences I'm amazed at what our negotiators agreed to. As an example, when the company brought in the idea of DHA in an attempt to reduce sick leave (and yes that's the intent if you didn't know), the company actually suggested the rates $10 for Capt and $6.50 for FOs. Yet somehow our negotiators worked their magic and got this down (WTF) to the figures in our agreement. Not only that, but FO 55% pay for three years. The company must have been laughing. Hell, even I'm laughing.

What you 'yes' voters don't realise is that now that this bargaining power has been given away by our negotiators, you're not going to get that back. At the next EBA negotiations, which I won't be around for, your negotiators are going to have to find some other ways to fund any improvements to your EBA. The company will continue to get more efficiency out of you at no cost and all you will get is (hopefully) your CPI increases. If you want more than that then you're gonna have to give something up.

Well, that's not my problem any more. Enjoy suckers.

I hope this guy chokes on that fresh Hong Kong smog and has a very short career/life in Hong Kong/in general. But this worm has a point. The only people who would benefit from this putrid EBA are the ones who are trying to cash in and get out.

If you voted that thing up and are planning on sticking around for even more than 6 months you are as short sighted and stupid as your negotiators.