PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Log book to CPL Log Book??
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 18:29
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it really matters. I have a US log book but its really handy as it has columns for Inst Appr / Ldgs / As FI / SE / ME / Rotary / Day / Night / SIT / IT / Ground trainer / PIC / Dual / SIC TT etc etc etc.....The CAA have never complained about it either.

I also spent some time entering all this stuff into an Access database which I'm perfecting. The reason for this is that the FAA and CAA have different logging requirements. For example the FAA allows PIC and Dual to be logged if you're rated on type, also FAA definition of X/C is > 50nm and stuff like this. With a load of queries I can extract the info I need. This all stemmed from filling out an FAA rating application form, it wanted to know stuff such as SOLO X/C. Well I don't log SOLO I log PIC which under the FARs can also be dual, so in the past I had to go back through all entries and manually work it out....a right pain in the arse. Now I just run a SOLO time query which extracts all solo entries or solo X/C, stuff like that.....

I agree with Whirly, I couldn't log on a computer alone, I just run it in parallel and use it to cross check my official logbook [actually when entering all this data, I found a few errors which I added as 'corrections' to the end of the logbook].

Cheers
EA