PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meaningless management drivel
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2015, 15:36
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, as a confirmed civilian, I think you guys have been fairly lucky compared to the civilian world or have you too had work done by the likes of Mc@@@@@sey and Company Consultants where a load of MBAs with little real experience report to your upper management how you could do things better than the current team. Highly regarded by other MBAs or people just out of touch with reality they have been responsible for numerous disasters and idiotic sackings and if you see that they have been caled in to Compnay X whose shares are sliding expect their demise to accelerate-they are very good however at making money for themselves.

I experienced this in one life where the division I ran and another were accused of the heinous charge of overlap and duplication on no more solid grounds because we both had the word Network in our division titles. Luckily I had a friend on the senior management 'oversight team and he reduced the Consultant responsible to a terrified jelly by snarling in his best native Maryhill Glaswegian-that 'you sonny would nae have a clue what a network is unless it hit ya on the f----g heid'

MBAs of course do not teach you how to deal with Glaswegians appearing to be on the verge of explosion into physical violence, so we heard no more of that.

Of course , and having done one myself and sponsored others , no MBA that I have seen has issues like
Upside-We kill a lot of people
Downside -We get killed.

I feel very sorry for you if you have to deal with this idiocy while trying to hold together what seems the very bare bones of defence forces, which as an earlier poster pointed out is not a profit making public company . It also cannot really use marketing and sales functions to any great degree and drafting the SLAs to cover outsourcing of combat missions (using best practice of course) would be an interesting exercise.