PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about MCC - JOC. Please give some advise
Old 29th Jul 2015, 12:31
C.T.G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just completed my MCC at Oxford, I would say a full motion sim, while not necessary, most definitely adds to the realism during, for example, emergency descents (trying to hear and speak with those damn masks on is almost impossible).

In saying that, as has been mentioned, these are not assessable courses (we watched candidates put it in the ground 200m short of the runway) and continue to receive their (attendance) certificate.

I chose not to do the JOC, mostly due to the additional costs, as did the rest of the 12 or so Modular students in the class (only the Oxford cadets continued).

To answer your question, the simulator you are doing it in is irrelevant (motion vs non-motion and prop vs jet), and unless it is mentioned in your contract it would not be a combined MCC/JOC, but best speak with the training provider as 30 hours sim time for MCC alone seems too much (are you sure it’s not 10 hrs ground and 20 in the sim?).

Enjoy your time during this course, you will learn a lot, despite it not being assessed and you will have a lot of fun (probably the only time in your career you can fly and hang out with likeminded people and not be stressing about passing with 90% average) . If you are prepared and know your procedures the learning curve is not that great.